Saturday, May 26, 2012

Summer

As of today, I've been out of school for two weeks and one day. I would just like to state that I think this summer just might be the best yet and that's saying a lot since the past 10 summers (approximately) that I've experienced during my school life have been fairly amazing. I mean, first of all, just not having to go to school is great on it's own. It's even better now that I'm older and aloud to hang out with my extremely loud, unpredictable, yet totally awesome friends. I'd say I've spent almost half of the summer already with them (which really isn't very much since we've only been out for two weeks) but that's still a lot of time and I'm loving every minute of it. I love the fact that I'm old enough to do things and go places without my parents. Not that I don't love spending time with them, because I do, but I just feel free. And old. I remember the first time I rode anywhere with my boyfriend (who has a car) I felt like a million bucks! It was really exhilarating being able to be out on my own. Now, three months down the road, he takes me places all the time and the feeling still hasn't passed. I'm not wishing my childhood away like some of you might think. I'm not really in that much of a hurry to grow up because I love my life just the way it is. BUT, I'm not exactly wishing for it to stay either. I used to think that I never want to grow up, and some days I still feel that way. I'm not all that fond of the thought of being old and married, but I guess it won't sound that bad when I'm actually to that stage of my life. Life goes on and that's just the way it's supposed to be. I guess it might get a little boring if we stayed the same age our whole life with the same rules and restrictions. Change is good. Change is needed. Change is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment